so, my heart’s in my throat a little bit every time i think about it, but give i got an hour of sleep and I am stressed beyond belief and this is the worst it would be, right?
then i think i could do it.
midgardian etiquette 101: when going to their homes, hang your coat first or in some cases, your mjolnir.
naw maybe it’s actually asgardian custom to check your weapons at the door
It was medieval custom to check your weapons at the door of the meadhall before greeting the king of the place you were going to. It was courteous and showed respect. You can see it in Beowulf.
what i don’t understand is how that hook can hold the mjolnir.
the hook is worthy
the hook is worthy
Peter Pan would disagree.
I’ve not read the comics but I always figured Mjolnir wasn’t heavy so much as stubborn, and if it decided it didn’t wanna move it just wouldn’t. It sits on Loki, rather than crushing him in Thor 1, and in Avengers it rests on the floor of the ship, and trying to pick it up Hulk starts breaking the floor with his weight, but Mjolnir doesn’t seem to weight anything at all (If it was as heavy as Hulk implied, it would drag the whole ship to the ground right?). Mjolnir isn’t heavy, cos its not going down, instead it is a fixed point and everything else just moves around it. Hence, the hook doesn’t hold it, it merely remains in place.
so what you’re trying to say is that Mjolnir is like a chicken head
instead it is a fixed point and everything else just moves around it.
OK SO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING
IS THAT WHEN THIS HAMMER WAS FORGED IN THE HEART OF A STAR IT BECAME A FIXED QUANTUM POINT
AND THE UNIVERSE MOVES AROUND IT—AND THOR IS THE ONLY ONE WITH THE PROPER RESONANCE TO INTERACT WITH IT ON A QUANTUM LEVEL
AND SO HE IS THE ONLY ONE WITH THE LEVERAGE REQUIRED TO SHIFT THE REST OF THE UNIVERSE AROUND THE FIXED POINT THAT IS MJOLNIR
THIS MAKES SO MUCH SENSE
DUDE YOU GUYS SCIENCED THORS HAMMER THAT IS AWESOME
wEEP LITTLE LION MAN YOU’RE NOT AS BRAVE AS YOU WERE AT THE STAAAARRTTTT
John Dehlin is a practicing Mormon … and an outspoken activist for LGBTQ rights. In this touching talk at TEDxUSU, John shares how a friendship with an openly gay coworker changed his views on homosexuality and led him to a career in psychology.
In his research, John looks at the complex, often-prickly relationship between religion and sexuality. Here, he shares some of his findings — heartbreaking statistics about how negative feelings toward sexuality and attempts to “fix” same-sex attraction inspire suicides and teen homelessness.
I freaking love Batman Dad! I also love how his family put up with it.
I CANT BREATHE
i love when she kickS HIM AND HE LOSE IT
"NO ONE KNOWS."
okay, before i block tumblr,
did i mention date tomorrow?
Because i have a date tomorrow. a REAL date. Like, a non-commital, no-sex-expected, get-to-know-you kind of date.
I am excited, and it’ll suck if it doesn’t go anywhere, but it will also be okay, y’know?
6 pages of a paper in the next 5 hours, lets go!
It’s been, wow, almost 4 months now. And he has a new girlfriend. The moment I read the post, I got shivers and felt like I was going to throw up, but you know what?
It only took 20 minutes for me to get over it. Like, finally over everything. See, offmychest, i’ll always love the guy. He was my first big love and we dated for four years. But it’s different now. Like, a fond memory, even if the break up wasn’t.
And, like, I hope he is happy with his new girlfriend. In this weird, honest way. Like, I’m not even lying to myself. I feel a little ashamed for bothering him so much after, but I was desperate. It was my final weak moment. If I was talking to him, I’d apologize for it.
But, my life is better now, too. I am overwhelmed with school because it’s finals. But, I love my roommates, they really care about me and I care about them, too. I actually have friends now, real friends who care about me and WANT to hang out with me. My relationship with Rachael is better than ever. My relationships with K and S were rough, but getting better. I am almost always busy.
So, my final words before I stop thinking about this. Robert, I love you, and thank you. Thank you for being harsh, and getting rid of me. It let me get rid of you, too. I hope your relationship is so much easier than ours was. I hope you become the greatest marine biologist EVER. I hope your life is happy, and I hope mine is too.
Thank you, offmychest. <3
I read this out loud to boyfriend and he just went “ohhhhhhhhh”
“You fool. No man can kill me.”
How many times am I allowed to reblog this before it gets weird?
Fun facts: Tolkien constructed this scene because he came out of Macbeth thinking that Shakespeare had missed a golden opportunity with the ”Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn the power of man, for none of woman born shall harm Macbeth” prophecy
Being letdown by Macbeth is apparently a significant factor in Tolkien’s writing because the Ent/Huorn attack on Isengard was the result of his disappointment that the whole “til Birnam Wood come to Dunsinane” thing was just some dudes holding sticks and not actual ambulatory trees.
I think Cosmo did some justice on this one
I’m changing my url to Obesetron McFattenstein.
Fox News headlines v. real headlines, part 2425183.
The brunette part is really important.
Keep in mind that these may not apply to all cosplays, and that its not mandatory at all! Skill level should never hold you back from cosplaying what you want to, just do your best. But if you are interested, here are some quick tips on taking your cosplay to another level :)
- Weathering: This can make your cosplay look 100x more realistic! Make it look like you’ve just gotten out of a fight, chased off monsters, or come back from the dead. [Ex: Laura Croft, Wolverine, Zombies, Warriors and what not] Get creative! There’s all kinds of home made blood recipes, fake dirt, fake burn powder, and other resources you can use for awesome special effects! Don’t forget your clothes or armor though, they might need a rough look too!
| How to Make Torn Edges | How To Weather Fake Fur | How to Weather Armor | Weathering a Prop |
- Contouring your makeup: Want to accentuate your features? Want to make your face look more like a different character or gender? Contouring is a great way to do that and it is relatively easy. It just takes a little time, patience, and practice. Don’t forget if you have a mall nearby with makeup counters, the sales people can show you how to contour your face! (Also don’t forget that you can contour while using body paint as well, just switch up the colors!)
| Basic Contouring/Highlighting | (I’m currently looking for some good crossplay makeup tutorials, so link me if you know of any and I’ll add them!)
- Improving your eyes: Okay this covers three tips but I figured I’d put them all under this. Firstly, match your eyebrows to your wig! This makes a HUGE difference…just go maybe two shades darker than your wig color. Second, give contacts a try! Now, definitely don’t feel like you have to, some people have eye problems or just don’t like the idea of having something in their eye. That’s perfectly fine! But if you wanna give it a try, it can really make your cosplay shine a little brighter. Third, experiment with fake lashes. This is primarily for female characters, but a lot of times cameras minimize what makeup you do have on and sometimes it helps to have a little extra oomf!
| Eyebrow Coloring | Eyebrow Coloring with Eyeshadow | Cosplay Contacts 101 | How to put on fake lashes |
- Iron as you go: When you’re sewing, keep your iron warm to press your seams and keep it wrinkle free! This can give it a very professional, clean look.
- Speaking of sewing, try out some new seams: French seams are a nice alternative for a string-free, clean look. Or, if you don’t want to bother with that, you can grab some Fray-Check to keep your fabric from unraveling and making a mess. When your outfit looks clean on the inside, it makes you feel a lot better about wearing it :)
| How to make french seams |
- Make it shiny: Yes, what you read was correct! Adding a resin coating to your prop can give it a really professional look. Of course this won’t work for everything, but it’s a fantastic option.
| How to resin coat |
- Choose correct tools for what you’re working on: There are hundreds of kinds of tools and materials that you can utilize for whatever project you are working on! Do research on what is available to you and how to use it. You can buy fiberglass materials and bondo at walmart! Lowes or Home Depot has Rigid Insulation Foam that is great for large props! Heat guns, hot wires, razors, rotary cutters, and all kinds of other materials can be found locally. Just please be sure you are very careful and follow all safety procedures!
| A great post on tools of the trade |
These are just a few tips to help out! If you have any tips or tricks that you feel have improved your cosplay, message or submit them to me and if I get enough, I’ll make another post with YOUR tips :) Remember, these don’t apply to everyone and they are definitely not mandatory. Cosplay is for fun! So do what you have to to enjoy your cosplay to the fullest, regardless of what anyone else thinks :)